POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreaming Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Dreaming (Message 35 to 44 of 104)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Dreaming
Date: 10 Jul 2008 16:28:26
Message: <487670ea$1@news.povray.org>
>> Do you have any *idea* how frustrating it is when you try your damnest
>> to "just get out there" and nothing comes of it, and yet people still
>> tell you you need to "stop whining and take some action"?
>
> Yes.  I've said before, you remind me of me 15 years ago.  There's a
> reason I've said that.

So...when I'm 45 I won't be a head-case any more? :-}

I don't know whether to be relieved or worried...

> BTW, you never answered my question about your knowledge with regards to
> identity management....Random thought for the moment, just happened to
> hit my mind again.

...wuh?

That's too random even for me to follow...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Jul 2008 16:41:49
Message: <4876740d$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:27:07 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> How about "once or twice per week"? Because that's roughly how often
>>> I've contacted him to arrange to meet up. :-P
>>
>> Have you actually spoken to him?  Do you know he's not out of town?
>
> Yeah. I get emails or text messages from him quite often, and I phone
> him now and then. But it seems frustratingly difficult to arrange to
> actually meet up.

Some people lead busy lives.  It happens.  I'd be surprised if it was
intentional.

> Last weekend, we arranged to meet, but then he ate a kebab and spent the
> entire weeking puking.
>
> The weekend before that, we arranged to meet, and on friday we went out
> for "a few drinks", and spent the entire weeking with a hangover.
>
> Next weekend he's going on a trip.
>
> Would you like me to continue?

Like I said, some people lead busy lives.  At least two of those events
seem to be unanticipated.  Shit happens. <shrug>

> (And girlie is apparently even more busy, and not too keen on meeting me
> alone it seems...)

So start with something with a small group, or in a public place.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:28:27 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Do you have any *idea* how frustrating it is when you try your damnest
>>> to "just get out there" and nothing comes of it, and yet people still
>>> tell you you need to "stop whining and take some action"?
>>
>> Yes.  I've said before, you remind me of me 15 years ago.  There's a
>> reason I've said that.
>
> So...when I'm 45 I won't be a head-case any more? :-}

a) I'm not 45, I'm 38 later this year.  And you're probably more normal
than you think - you lack a good point of reference.

> I don't know whether to be relieved or worried...

Don't be worried.  My point is *you'll get there*.  But you also have to
make incremental changes.  I'm a *totally* introverted person most of the
time, but I took a teaching job 6 years ago.  Be willing to take
chances.  If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.  No big deal.  If
it does work out, hey, that's great.  That's how we learn and grow.

>> BTW, you never answered my question about your knowledge with regards
>> to identity management....Random thought for the moment, just happened
>> to hit my mind again.
>
> ...wuh?
>
> That's too random even for me to follow...

See?  There are people even more random than you. ;-)

Post from Monday, 1:53 PM BST-7:

--- snip ---

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> It amazes me how many companies don't understand the idea of identity
>> management.
>
> Oh HELL yeah!

But it seems you have at least a rudimentary grasp of the concepts - have
you done any integration work for disparate systems?

--- snip ---

You replied to the question about variance in site size, but not this
earlier bit of the post. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message