POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreaming : Re: Dreaming Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dreaming
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Jul 2008 16:47:28
Message: <48767560$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:28:27 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Do you have any *idea* how frustrating it is when you try your damnest
>>> to "just get out there" and nothing comes of it, and yet people still
>>> tell you you need to "stop whining and take some action"?
>>
>> Yes.  I've said before, you remind me of me 15 years ago.  There's a
>> reason I've said that.
>
> So...when I'm 45 I won't be a head-case any more? :-}

a) I'm not 45, I'm 38 later this year.  And you're probably more normal
than you think - you lack a good point of reference.

> I don't know whether to be relieved or worried...

Don't be worried.  My point is *you'll get there*.  But you also have to
make incremental changes.  I'm a *totally* introverted person most of the
time, but I took a teaching job 6 years ago.  Be willing to take
chances.  If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.  No big deal.  If
it does work out, hey, that's great.  That's how we learn and grow.

>> BTW, you never answered my question about your knowledge with regards
>> to identity management....Random thought for the moment, just happened
>> to hit my mind again.
>
> ...wuh?
>
> That's too random even for me to follow...

See?  There are people even more random than you. ;-)

Post from Monday, 1:53 PM BST-7:

--- snip ---

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> It amazes me how many companies don't understand the idea of identity
>> management.
>
> Oh HELL yeah!

But it seems you have at least a rudimentary grasp of the concepts - have
you done any integration work for disparate systems?

--- snip ---

You replied to the question about variance in site size, but not this
earlier bit of the post. :-)

Jim