POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreaming : Re: Dreaming Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dreaming
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 10 Jul 2008 16:54:43
Message: <48767713@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message

> Don't be worried.  My point is *you'll get there*.  But you also have to
> make incremental changes.  I'm a *totally* introverted person most of the
> time, but I took a teaching job 6 years ago.  Be willing to take
> chances.  If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.  No big deal.  If
> it does work out, hey, that's great.  That's how we learn and grow.

I was totally introverted about 6 years ago. Terrified of speaking to
strangers, wouldn't even contemplate any form of public speaking. I can't
pinpoint a single event that changed it, or started a change, but now I'm
preping to speak at the largest Tech conference in SA, and I'm looking
forward to it.
That said, if I;m at a party and don't know anyoen, I'll stand in the corner
sip on a drink and stare at the ceiling.