POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't (Message 1 to 10 of 32)
From: Chambers
Subject: Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't
Date: 5 Jul 2008 17:50:15
Message: <486fec97$1@news.povray.org>
To me, one of the most important things a piece of code (whether it's an
entire program, or just a single routine) can do is fail gracefully.  If
it fails, enough context and information should be given that you know
why it failed.

iTunes is absolutely horrible at this.  Apparently, Apple thinks that
"failing gracefully" means quietly ignore the error with no record of it
being kept anywhere.  In other words, you don't even *know* there's an
error.  Your only clue is that the expected result didn't actually
occur.  Once you figure out there's been an error, you have no idea what
caused it.

Talk about bad practice.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message