POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't : Re: Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Jul 2008 07:58:41
Message: <4870b371$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> I also like the MS solution of giving the error but no retry option (at
> least unto XP). Works great when copying lots of files and after 10
> minutes one of the last ones encounters a disk full.

Ooo yes, it's *great* when a file copy or move operation fails.
Especially with a move - half the files are now in one place, and half
in another place. Good luck manually undoing the operation so you can
try again! ;-)

(Particularly if you have millions of files in a complex directory
structure. Merging the two halves back together is really not fun...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/