POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't : Re: Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Jul 2008 22:41:55
Message: <487030f3$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Talk about bad practice.

I remember spending 15 minutes or so on an original Mac trying to figure
out why I couldn't save my work, or make a copy of it on the floppy, or
etc etc etc, because the floppy was write-protected. No message or
anything - just failure to highlight the drive icon when you drag the
folder over it, a greyed-out save menu, etc.

I liked the Amiga mechanism much better. You drag a file onto a disk
icon, it pops up a window saying the drive is write-protected, you take
the disk out, unprotect it, put it back in, and it automatically clicks
"retry" for you.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: