POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How do you sort your closet? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  How do you sort your closet? (Message 21 to 30 of 60)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: How do you sort your closet?
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:27:24
Message: <486a3ecc$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Heh. Sort your closet?
>
> That brings a whole *new* meaning to "heap sort"... ;-)

*groan*!

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:48:35
Message: <486a43c3$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Heh. Sort your closet?
>>
>> That brings a whole *new* meaning to "heap sort"... ;-)
>>

> *groan*!

Heeee! I win! ^_^

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:57:06
Message: <op.udmbq8ckc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:19:31 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> Hmm it's like at the supermarket check-out I arrange the items to come
>> through the till in the same order I want to pack them I don't
>> understand people who just tip everything out.
>
> Ooo, you don't carefully arrange items according to dimensions,
> geometry, weight and temperature do you?

Well yeah, otherwise what's the point? These are frozen and stackable;
this is cold and upright so it can sit next to them; these are light,
stackable and refrigerated so they can sit on the others. These are thin
and cool and can slot down the sides, these are non-cool, light, and
stackable so they sit on the top or in another bag on top of the non-cool
heavy stackables. These are squishable so go on the top of any bag unless
they're also heavy in which case they get the side of the bag if possible
or are paired with the very light. It hardly takes an effort to sort this
way.

> I mean, I try to avoid putting heavy stuff on top of light stuff. But
> that's as far as I go.

Yes, but light doesn't equate to non-rigid. Compared to some items bread
is heavy, but I wouldn't put it at the bottom of the bag unless the total
weight of the items above it was very light.

> Obligatory XKCD reference:
> http://xkcd.com/309/

Unfortunately I'm in the Two Nerd section even when on my own.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

> It hardly takes an effort to sort this way.

...da HELL??

>> I mean, I try to avoid putting heavy stuff on top of light stuff. But
>> that's as far as I go.
>
> Yes, but light doesn't equate to non-rigid. Compared to some items bread
> is heavy, but I wouldn't put it at the bottom of the bag unless the
> total weight of the items above it was very light.

There are things that are lighter than bread, but I stuggle to think of
anything that could be damaged by it...

>> Obligatory XKCD reference:
>> http://xkcd.com/309/
>
> Unfortunately I'm in the Two Nerd section even when on my own.

PWN3D!

BY YOURSELF! :-D

Obligatory XKCD reference:
http://xkcd.com/236/