POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How do you sort your closet? : Re: How do you sort your closet? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you sort your closet?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Jul 2008 11:26:43
Message: <op.udmc4dv2c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:09:12 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

>> It hardly takes an effort to sort this way.
>
> ...da HELL??

Well it doesn't! It already tends to be arranged structurally in the
trolley or basket so it's just a case of regrouping it on the conveyor.
Call it a matter of practice I don't think there's any reason everybody
shouldn't do this.

>>> I mean, I try to avoid putting heavy stuff on top of light stuff. But
>>> that's as far as I go.
>>  Yes, but light doesn't equate to non-rigid. Compared to some items
>> bread is heavy, but I wouldn't put it at the bottom of the bag unless
>> the total weight of the items above it was very light.
>
> There are things that are lighter than bread, but I stuggle to think of
> anything that could be damaged by it...

Exactly, which is why you can't split things by the simple heavy/light
description. You also have to take into account how you'll be carrying
these things or packing them in the car. Put the bread at the top of a
carrier and hold the handles and you may be squeezing only the top section
of the bread so it's best sitting in the middle or upright down the side
depending on what could be going on top of it.

>>> Obligatory XKCD reference:
>>> http://xkcd.com/309/
>>  Unfortunately I'm in the Two Nerd section even when on my own.
>
> PWN3D!
>
> BY YOURSELF! :-D

Better then being pwned by someone else :-P

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com