POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How do you sort your closet? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 09:37:48 EDT (-0400)
  How do you sort your closet? (Message 11 to 20 of 60)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: How do you sort your closet?
Date: 1 Jul 2008 09:15:53
Message: <486a2e09$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Doctor John wrote:
>
>> I don't... :-)
>
> Likewise...
>
> But then, my mum seems to have some kind of obsessive compulsive
> disorder that causes her to ritually sort and resort anything that isn't
> locked down, so...

Is she related to my gf? :-)

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Jul 2008 09:37:03
Message: <486a32ff$1@news.povray.org>
>> But then, my mum seems to have some kind of obsessive compulsive
>> disorder that causes her to ritually sort and resort anything that isn't
>> locked down, so...
>>
> Is she related to my gf? :-)

I don't know. Does your girl insist on arranging the cups in the
cupboard according to a strict set of rules? Does she complaing if socks
are not perfectly cylindrical? Does it matter to her if an item of
clothing is hung on a hanger of the wrong colour??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> I don't know. Does your girl insist on arranging the cups in the
> cupboard according to a strict set of rules? Does she complaing if socks
> are not perfectly cylindrical? Does it matter to her if an item of
> clothing is hung on a hanger of the wrong colour??

Ah. In the light of these revelations I think I can say that she is
definitely not related :-)

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 1 Jul 2008 09:57:43
Message: <486a37d7$1@news.povray.org>
> I don't know. Does your girl insist on arranging the cups in the
> cupboard according to a strict set of rules? Does she complaing if socks
> are not perfectly cylindrical? Does it matter to her if an item of
> clothing is hung on a hanger of the wrong colour??

It's sounding very much like my gf too...

My hobby: Rotating things by a non-multiple of 90 degrees

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:01:00
Message: <486a389c@news.povray.org>
>> I don't know. Does your girl insist on arranging the cups in the
>> cupboard according to a strict set of rules? Does she complaing if
>> socks are not perfectly cylindrical? Does it matter to her if an item
>> of clothing is hung on a hanger of the wrong colour??
>
> It's sounding very much like my gf too...

Hell, if it was a *girlfriend* I'd just find another one. ;-) You can't
easily do that with your mother. :-S

> My hobby: Rotating things by a non-multiple of 90 degrees

LOLZ.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: scott
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:03:50
Message: <486a3946$1@news.povray.org>
>> It's sounding very much like my gf too...
>
> Hell, if it was a *girlfriend* I'd just find another one. ;-) You can't
> easily do that with your mother. :-S

OK, well she's not quite as bad as your mum sounds, and she's good for other
purposes that I suspect your mother isn't.  And I don't really care, so long
as she doesn't expect me to do the same as she does.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:05:24
Message: <486a39a4$1@news.povray.org>
>> I don't know. Does your girl insist on arranging the cups in the
>> cupboard according to a strict set of rules? Does she complaing if socks
>> are not perfectly cylindrical? Does it matter to her if an item of
>> clothing is hung on a hanger of the wrong colour??
>>
> Ah. In the light of these revelations I think I can say that she is
> definitely not related :-)

Oh good! The thought of two is just worrying...

Seriously. I can understand that the cups are different sizes, and some
ways stack better than others. We do have a hell of a lot of cups, so if
you stack them wrong they won't all fit into the cupboard. But when we
reach the level of arguing about which way the designs face and
attempting to solve some weird variant of the four-colour map problem
(i.e., find a configuration of cups such that no two adjacent cups have
colour schemes that are subjectively deemed to "clash")...

I mean, like, WTF? Who *cares* if it's "inappropriate" to have a Mars
mug next to a Children In Need mug? GET A LIFE!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:08:19
Message: <486a3a53$1@news.povray.org>
>> Hell, if it was a *girlfriend* I'd just find another one. ;-) You
>> can't easily do that with your mother. :-S
>
> OK, well she's not quite as bad as your mum sounds, and she's good for
> other purposes that I suspect your mother isn't.

Hee. ;-)

My mum only really has one use: You know how sometimes people try to
sell you something, and you really don't want to buy it, but they don't
get the message? The way my mum says it, they all seem to get the
message really rapidly...

Do NOT interrupt my mum's supper if you value your life. Seriously. The
last double-glazing salesman who did that... I hear they still haven't
released him from the funny farm yet after his nervous breakdown. >:-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:13:28
Message: <op.udl9qxr6c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 01 Jul 2008 03:55:42 +0100, Chambers
<ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> did spake, saying:

> I do it by function.

Things I wear the most hang furthest from the hinge, similar items are
stuffed into the drawers.

Heh the weird thing is I'm the one who's called upon to organise shelves
for optimal loading, not that I get any thanks -

"I can't get to X or Y without moving Z"
"Well yeah, but you've got a choice - move Z to get to X or Y; or move
both X *and* Y to get to Z; or remove X, Y, or Z from the cupboard"
"Oh okay"

and before you ask Z tends to be used more then either X & Y combined.

Hmm it's like at the supermarket check-out I arrange the items to come
through the till in the same order I want to pack them I don't understand
people who just tip everything out.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:19:32
Message: <486a3cf4$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> Hmm it's like at the supermarket check-out I arrange the items to come
> through the till in the same order I want to pack them I don't
> understand people who just tip everything out.

Ooo, you don't carefully arrange items according to dimensions,
geometry, weight and temperature do you?

I mean, I try to avoid putting heavy stuff on top of light stuff. But
that's as far as I go.

Obligatory XKCD reference:
http://xkcd.com/309/

--