POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why I haven't been online much lately... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Why I haven't been online much lately... (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: Why I haven't been online much lately...
Date: 24 Jun 2008 07:06:14
Message: <4860d526$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> After I played it with a friend, I tried the various versions of GTA
>> III, and found the new one to be much better.  Still, I'd recommend
>> trying it out with a friend or renting it before you buy it - the
>> difficulty alone can be a buzz kill.
>
> I played GTA III San Andreas right through twice on my PC because I
> enjoyed it so much.  It's not just the missions, but all the other
> details throughout the map that make it so enjoyable.

Ditto. When you finish the story missions, you've barely completed 45%
according to the stats. With regard to difficulty, I used to play it
with my flatmate - we'd alternate attempts on missions / escapades,
turning over control upon death / being busted. This works very well
because you tend not to get so bogged down and frustrated with missions,
  and you get to learn from others' mistakes, see different strategies etc.

I've not played the new one though. I've heard it's 100% city-based, no
countryside - that's one of the things I liked best about San Andreas,
so we'll see...

Post a reply to this message