POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why I haven't been online much lately... : Re: Why I haven't been online much lately... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 08:03:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I haven't been online much lately...
From: scott
Date: 24 Jun 2008 09:21:52
Message: <4860f4f0$1@news.povray.org>
> Ditto. When you finish the story missions, you've barely completed 45%
> according to the stats. With regard to difficulty, I used to play it with
> my flatmate - we'd alternate attempts on missions / escapades, turning
> over control upon death / being busted. This works very well because you
> tend not to get so bogged down and frustrated with missions, and you get
> to learn from others' mistakes, see different strategies etc.

I found most of the missions fairly easy to complete first time, but there
were 3 or 4 IIRC that were real pains and I had to play them repeatedly many
times.  It's even more frustrating when unrealistic things happen, like when
I had boxed in some guy's car so he couldn't escape - I get out to fire a
rocket at his car (while momentarily looking the other way) and when I turn
around his car has magically shifted back onto the road and is driving off.

> I've not played the new one though. I've heard it's 100% city-based, no
> countryside - that's one of the things I liked best about San Andreas, so
> we'll see...

Oh yes, that was another thing that put me off, it said the map was actually
smaller than SA.  I used to like being able to drive/fly all around outside
the town.

Have you played Test Drive Unlimited?  It has a huge map to drive around,
not as many non-driving parts as SA but it will take you at least an hour to
drive around the outside of the island, let alone all the roads inside!