POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why I haven't been online much lately... : Re: Why I haven't been online much lately... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I haven't been online much lately...
From: scott
Date: 25 Jun 2008 05:17:14
Message: <48620d1a$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm not so sure about that. I found that during the race challenges you
> started off competing with other vehicles that seemed to make impossible
> turns etc, but eventually, with practice, you can keep up. What's more
> bizarre is that once you did catch up, they all start driving really
> badly, crashing into each other, flying off the road... and you could hold
> a lead really easily. Very strange.

The AI certainly seemed to change their speed based on how good you were.
If you went really slowly for some part, so that you thought they would be
miles away, they were actually just around the next couple of corners almost
waiting for you.  I guess once you went faster, they went faster too, and
then they just crashed because their AI wasn't good enough to work at that
speed.