POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mencoder question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Mencoder question (Message 1 to 10 of 73)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Mencoder question
Date: 15 Jun 2008 09:41:19
Message: <48551bff$1@news.povray.org>
I have a folder full of PNG files. Does *anybody* have the slightest
clue how to persuade Mencoder to transform these into an AVI file that
will actually play?? (Or better yet, an MPEG file.)

I can make a file which Mencoder claims is an AVI file. But nothing will
play it. [Except MPlayer.] Which obviously isn't very useful...(!)

I did originally try MPEG, but Mencoder just complains that lavc doesn't
exist.

Seriously - the manual is the size of a small plannet, and goes into
vast detail about stuff I don't give a damn about, but it doesn't tell
me how to perform this simple little task! >_<

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/