POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mencoder question : Re: Mencoder question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mencoder question
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 15 Jun 2008 13:07:21
Message: <48554c49$1@news.povray.org>
Am Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:33:27 +0100 schrieb Orchid XP v8:

> The following [huge] command line generates an MPEG-1 file which is
> actually playable:
>
> mencoder mf://*.png -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video:vbitrate=5000
> -ofps 12 -vf scale=720:576 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mpg -o out.mpg

It has been some time since I used it, but for that reason I liked
transcode better. It provided some standard settings - such as for VCD
and DVD. Don't know what the current stage of that program is though.

> I'm curios... why is it so damned hard to do this??

I wonder myself. If you tried to compile it - there seems to be a dozen
of dependencies and different libraries which partly do the same. I
wonder, why there is not one big library - or maybe two for competition.
Would simplify things a lot.