POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mencoder question : Re: Mencoder question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mencoder question
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 15 Jun 2008 11:26:30
Message: <485534a6@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I have a folder full of PNG files. Does *anybody* have the slightest
> clue how to persuade Mencoder to transform these into an AVI file that
> will actually play?? (Or better yet, an MPEG file.)

	Try the command here:

	http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/September2004/article347.shtml

	I think most people use ffmpeg for this kind of thing. Here's the command:

ffmpeg -y -i renderframes/example1a_%3d.png -b 98000 video/example1a.avi

	example1a_%3d just means that the files are in sequential order with 3
digits after the underscore:

example1a_000.png
example1a_001.png

etc.

	If you don't have lavc, then go install it! I believe it comes with ffmpeg.

	It'd help if you gave us the mencoder command you're using.

--
Sign found in a gym: Dieting is the punishment you get for exceeding the
feed limit.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl