POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mencoder question : Re: Mencoder question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mencoder question
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Jun 2008 12:03:37
Message: <48553d59@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:

>     Try the command here:
>
>     http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/September2004/article347.shtml

Well... that works even less well than what I'm using already. (I.e.,
now even MPlayer can't play the file properly!)

[Changing the video type from 'copy' to 'raw' makes it work though...]

>     I think most people use ffmpeg for this kind of thing.

I don't have that. [Note that we're talking about M$ Windoze here.]

>     If you don't have lavc, then go install it! I believe it comes with
> ffmpeg.

Yeah, like I'm going to be able to figure out how to do that...

>     It'd help if you gave us the mencoder command you're using.

mencoder mf://*.png -ovc raw -ofps 12 -vf scale=720:576 -of avi -o out.avi

What what's supposed to do is take all the *.png files in the current
directory and build an uncompressed AVI file at 12 frames/second and
resize the frames to 720x576 if nececcsary.

It *does* produce a file. And MPlayer will play it quite happily, and
the contents look correct. However, Windoze Media Player won't play it,
and Virtual Dub complains too. (Something about "no decompressor for '
RGB'" - note the space in there.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/