POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mencoder question Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Mencoder question (Message 4 to 13 of 73)
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Mencoder question
Date: 15 Jun 2008 12:20:07
Message: <48554137$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> I did originally try MPEG, but Mencoder just complains that lavc doesn't
> exist.

Wait - I was wrong. Turns out the correct option is "mpeg1video", not
just "mpeg1". Now it works...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Jun 2008 12:33:26
Message: <48554456$1@news.povray.org>
The following [huge] command line generates an MPEG-1 file which is
actually playable:

mencoder mf://*.png -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video:vbitrate=5000
-ofps 12 -vf scale=720:576 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mpg -o out.mpg

(As a nice bonus, since it's compressed it doesn't take up my entire
harddrive! The bitrate shown seems to produce pretty good results.)

I'm curios... why is it so damned hard to do this??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> The following [huge] command line generates an MPEG-1 file which is
> actually playable:

Weeeeee.... Windoze Media Player can't handle any MPEG file that has a
framerate other than 25 FPS. Yay. :-S

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/