POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time Server Time
8 Sep 2024 09:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Yes, that time (Message 111 to 120 of 179)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Yes, that time
Date: 17 Jun 2008 21:40:46
Message: <4858679e$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> It's cultural Warp, Calling someone ignorant implies that they are
> boorish. Quite a bad insult.

Note, however, that it's perfectly acceptable to say "John is ignorant
of what happened last week" or some such. Unfortunately, "ignorant" has
gotten bad connotations and I don't know any word that means similar
that doesn't.  "Naive" is about as close as it comes.  (I have said
people are "computer naive" and it seems to bother people less than
saying they're "ignorant of computer technology" or some such.)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: