POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
8 Sep 2024 11:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: scott
Date: 18 Jun 2008 03:21:30
Message: <4858b77a@news.povray.org>
> I read Nokia actually has a touchscreen that gives tactile feedback.
> There's something behind it that "taps" from behind when the key would
> click, or some such silliness. :-)

I guess it saves them having to write a responsive GUI :-)

The worst thing is when you have absolutely no feedback that you've pressed
the touch screen - I used a terminal to buy a train ticket somewhere like
that (can't remember where now).  First you had to press the button quite
hard (harder than you would normally to start with), and then the screen
didn't show any sign that you'd pressed it until about 2 seconds later when
it would update the display based on whatever you had selected.  Worst thing
was that it would buffer up your inputs somehow, so if you hit the same
button 5 times trying to get it to work, you end up stuck there for 5
minutes and with 3 1st class tickets for dogs and bikes.