POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
8 Sep 2024 11:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: scott
Date: 18 Jun 2008 03:13:26
Message: <4858b596$1@news.povray.org>
> Don't remind be. I cracked a laptop's LCD panel last year. The surface was
> fine, something was cracked underneath. Large portions of the screen are
> now
> black.

I did exactly the same to my cell phone display, it was in my pocket while I
put most of my weight onto it while taking a pool shot :-)  A few minutes
later I looked at it and the screen had gone all funky colours with a big
crack across it.  Luckily it was under a year old, and for some reason they
replaced it with a new one free of charge (of course I forgot to mention
that I knew exactly how it broke).

> Repair place quoted me R8000 to replace the panel, and that was a 17"
> laptop
> screen. I'd hate to see the price to replace a 40" LCD TV's panel.

Might as well just buy a new one I think, there's not much else of value
inside a TV (compared to say a laptop).