POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oven physics Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Oven physics (Message 31 to 40 of 40)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Oven physics
Date: 9 Jun 2008 10:50:13
Message: <484d4325$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Out of pure curiosity did the suppliers of your new oven take the old
>>> one away for free?
>>
>> Actually no.
>
> Was it pure gas or did it have an electric hob?

Nope, just gas.

[Did have an electric timer and temperature meter - but both of these
elements were Fraggle-rocked.]

>> It's quite irritating really. I've been hearing all kinds of stories
>> on the news about people stealing metal. (Not to be confused with
>> "steeling metal".) Apparently one house had their roof stolen (?!),
>> and a church had their bell stolen. But *we* leave an old oven and a
>> sink sitting on our front lawn for a week or two and does anybody
>> steal it? NO. In the end we had to *pay money* for the Council to come
>> and take it away... grr!!
>
> Too hard to dismantle into useable parts for melting down.

Er... a *sink* needs dismantling?? It's a sheet of metal! o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Jun 2008 11:43:12
Message: <484d4f90$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:31:45 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> NO. In the end we
> had to *pay money* for the Council to come and take it away... grr!!

Sometimes if it's "free for the taking" people won't take it, next time
put a sign on it saying "£20", then they think they're stealing something
of value. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Sometimes if it's "free for the taking" people won't take it, next time
> put a sign on it saying "£20", then they think they're stealing something
> of value. ;-)

Humans are truly perverse...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

And lo on Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:50:14 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

>>> Actually no.
>>  Was it pure gas or did it have an electric hob?
>
> Nope, just gas.
>
> [Did have an electric timer and temperature meter - but both of these
> elements were Fraggle-rocked.]

Ah yep those don't count, if it did have an electric hob it'd be
classified as WEEE and they would have had to take it away with them in
exchange for the new one.

>>> It's quite irritating really. I've been hearing all kinds of stories
>>> on the news about people stealing metal. (Not to be confused with
>>> "steeling metal".) Apparently one house had their roof stolen (?!),
>>> and a church had their bell stolen. But *we* leave an old oven and a
>>> sink sitting on our front lawn for a week or two and does anybody
>>> steal it? NO. In the end we had to *pay money* for the Council to come
>>> and take it away... grr!!
>>  Too hard to dismantle into useable parts for melting down.
>
> Er... a *sink* needs dismantling?? It's a sheet of metal! o_O

Not enough metal perhaps to be worth 'stealing'

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message