POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oven physics : Re: Oven physics Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oven physics
From: Phil Cook
Date: 9 Jun 2008 11:51:41
Message: <op.uchnpi1ic3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:50:14 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

>>> Actually no.
>>  Was it pure gas or did it have an electric hob?
>
> Nope, just gas.
>
> [Did have an electric timer and temperature meter - but both of these
> elements were Fraggle-rocked.]

Ah yep those don't count, if it did have an electric hob it'd be
classified as WEEE and they would have had to take it away with them in
exchange for the new one.

>>> It's quite irritating really. I've been hearing all kinds of stories
>>> on the news about people stealing metal. (Not to be confused with
>>> "steeling metal".) Apparently one house had their roof stolen (?!),
>>> and a church had their bell stolen. But *we* leave an old oven and a
>>> sink sitting on our front lawn for a week or two and does anybody
>>> steal it? NO. In the end we had to *pay money* for the Council to come
>>> and take it away... grr!!
>>  Too hard to dismantle into useable parts for melting down.
>
> Er... a *sink* needs dismantling?? It's a sheet of metal! o_O

Not enough metal perhaps to be worth 'stealing'

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com