POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question about C++ Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:04 EDT (-0400)
  A question about C++ (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: A question about C++
Date: 14 May 2008 00:33:55
Message: <482a6bb3$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 13 May 2008 15:00:24 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Here's something I want to know...
>     What's a rhetorical question?

Assuming you're not asking rhetorically, it's one that's eloquent or with
intent to pursuade.  Also a question phrased as "a literary exercise".
"Of, belonging to, concerned with, or comprised in the art of rhetoric."
or "Of persons: Given to the use of rhetoric.". :-)

Zaphod (Head 1):  "Why are my heads asking each other rhetorical
questions?"

Zaphod (Head 2):  "Oh, were they rhetorical?"

Jim

Post a reply to this message