POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Albert Hofmann died today Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Albert Hofmann died today (Message 2 to 11 of 11)
From: alphaQuad
Subject: Re: Albert Hofmann died today
Date: 29 Apr 2008 23:35:00
Message: <web.4817e7c835b1f49b6ec98ab60@news.povray.org>
stbenge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Don't know how many here will care or not. Here is an excerpt from a
> close friend of his, Rick Doblin:
>
> "Albert died at home at 9 AM Basel time from a myocardial infarction,
> quick and relatively painless. Two caretakers were there with him at the
> time. The only people who were told were people from Burg, the village
> where he lived, and Peter and others were surprised the word of his
> death had gotten out so quickly. It's the age of the internet...
>
> Albert had been increasingly thinking of death these last few months. He
> had stopped leaving his home, where he said he could feel the spirit of
> Anita, his wife who died December 20, 2007. He didn't come to the World
> Psychedelic Forum a month ago, but did entertain some visitors at his
> home. We spoke on the phone the day after the Basel conference and he
> was happy and fulfilled. He'd seen the renewal of LSD psychotherapy
> research with his own eyes, as had Anita. I said that I looked forward
> to discussing the results of the study with him in about a year and a
> half and he laughed and said he'd try to help the research however he
> could, either from this side or "the other side".
>
> Now it even more falls on younger generations to transform LSD into a
> legal medicine and beyond that into a tool for personal growth legally
> available to all.
>
> Rick" - http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375280
>
> Here's another link:
> http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/04/lsd-inventor-al.html
>
> The guy was 102, an old age for anybody. It looks like he stood by his
> "problem child", knowing what a good medicine it can be when used correctly.
>
> Sam

Wow thank you Sam! I didnt realize. I won the lotto today. Got the numbers from
a fortune cookie that read, You have a heart of gold. Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

From: stbenge
Date: 29 Apr 2008 23:47:03
Message: <4817ebb7@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:

> Wow thank you Sam! I didnt realize. I won the lotto today. Got the numbers from
> a fortune cookie that read, You have a heart of gold. Thank you.

I'd say his death was a loss, but considering his age and what he
accomplished during his time spent on this planet, I do believe his was
a life well lived.

Sam

Post a reply to this message