POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Albert Hofmann died today : Re: Albert Hofmann died today Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:05:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Albert Hofmann died today
From: stbenge
Date: 30 Apr 2008 02:43:53
Message: <48181529@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> Why did you have to go and tell me that, man? Now this trip is gonna be a
> total downer. ;-)

Hey, he lived a long time and missed his wife. The only downer I see is
that he was separated from her for so long. (four months can be a long
time) Hope he's with her now :)

> It never really faded from the psychological and psychiatric fields.
> There have been attempts in the USA to conduct further research on the
> medicinal uses of LSD for some time. From autism to alcoholism, it has
> some potential to cure lots of psychological problems.

Ah, but how long will it take to remove prohibition? How long will it
take to remove confusion? Too long, according to many people :(

> One hundred and two years, and remembered for riding a bicycle while
> stoned. That's the way I want to be remembered, one day.

Hey, I rode a bicycle while tipsy once. It was my first and only DUI. It
must have taken a day for me to recover from the scratches ;)

> Heres to you, Mr Hoffmann. All I've got today is melatonin, but that will
> have to do.

Don't forget endogenous DMT. Every one of us is walking around with at
least one illegal chemical in our brains, whether we like to admit it or
not. Between melatonin (circadian serotonin), DMT and pinoline, we are
guaranteed to trip almost every night :)

Sam