POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Albert Hofmann died today : Re: Albert Hofmann died today Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Albert Hofmann died today
From: alphaQuad
Date: 30 Apr 2008 11:30:01
Message: <web.48188f7235b1f49b8ddaeb500@news.povray.org>
Woke with a radio commercial on the brain, "The most interesting man in the
world".

www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal26.shtml

Shulgin:
"A totally pure salt, when dry and when shaken in the dark, will emit small
flashes of white light."

aQ:
The most interesting man in the world glows in the dark with an LSD aura and has
a brain that produces up to 25 times more LSD than the average brain.

Shulgin:
I was at a meeting of a NIDA study section a few years ago, where some one
presented some findings with a group of subjects who were complaining of
continuing mental problems allegedly due to LSD exposure. A chart was put up
showing the outline of the brain showing the locations of the EEG foci that
were observed in one of these subjects. Along side it was a PET scan showing
the distribution of radioactive LSD in a subject. The purpose was to discuss
the similarities and differences of the coordinates of electrical activity and
radioisotope concentration. I innocently asked what positron isotope had been
used, as I did not know of any successful positron labeling of LSD. Carbon 11,
I was told. Where in the molecule was the label incorporated, I asked. In the
1-position methyl group. It was finally acknowledged that the compound that had
actually been used was 2-iodo-1-methyl-LSD, our MIL compound, which is quite a
different world. A pharmacologist might say that they are similar in action
(looking at serotonin, not psychedelic action); an alchemist might say they are
of similar structure (looking at the upper 80% of the molecule. But they are
different compounds. This is a most subtle form of deceit. It is, in fact, out
and out dishonest, but it looks good up there on the screen at a lecture.

Let me mention in passing, that there are three stereoisomers possible for
d-LSD. There are d-iso-LSD, l-LSD, and l-iso-LSD. The inversion of the
stereochemistry of the attached diethylcarboxyamido group of d-LSD gives the
diastereoisomer (d-iso-LSD), which is a frequent synthetic impurity of d-LSD
itself. The corresponding optical antipodes l-LSD and l-iso-LSD are also known
and have been tasted. All three are completely inactive: d-iso-LSD shows no
psychological changes at an oral dose of 4 milligrams; l-LSD none at up to 10
milligrams orally; and l-iso-LSD none at 500 micrograms orally. These dramatic
decreases in potency show both the stereo-selectivity of the native LSD
molecule in producing its central effects, and the LSD-free purity of these
isomers.

aQ:
The native LSD molecule is a dream awareness transmitter that allows dream
vision and dream-awareness. It carries altruistic ramifications of
responsibility in abundance but only to a point, then Serotonin overload always
with dosages of 500-1000 mics. Was it Sandoz that made the Orange Sunshine of
the sixties? It was a 1000 microgram tablet. Whichever lab it was, they knew it
was too much. This should be obvious if you read Jessica del Greco. And the DEA
put in on the street.

Government:
"No. There's no conspiracy".

Small, still, sacred voice:
You blitherin, slitherin sack o' mindlessness and heartlessness shall inherent
the earth. Just wait until you meet the new overloads I've kept away from the
planet for 104,000 years.