POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Albert Hofmann died today : Re: Albert Hofmann died today Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Albert Hofmann died today
From: stbenge
Date: 30 Apr 2008 02:29:41
Message: <481811d5@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD Lysergic acid diethylamide -> c20 h25 n3 o <-
> Max dose of 250ug orally or serotonin levels damage CNS. Endogenous during
> normal sleep and best migraine treatment at 20-40ug.

I was not aware LSD had any neurotoxicity associated with it. Are you
alluding to serotonin syndrome?

http://www.mindmined.com/public_library/nonfiction/jessica_locke_del_greco_LSD_research.html
> One guy got so overdosed, didnt know he ingested it, by some government dork.
> Suffered enough serotonin overload, and killed himself some time later.

"Details of the events leading up to Olson's suicide remained
confidential, primarily due to the fact that agents working under the
MK-ULTRA program were preparing to launch into the next phase of LSD
testing: the administration of LSD to unwitting American citizens in
real-life settings and situations."

This is deplorable behavior. It's one thing to take a mind-altering
chemical willingly, with knowledge of a possible outcome. To
surreptitiously dose people is another thing entirely. That's beyond
unethical. They continued along this path after a tragedy. This should
have stopped them. I'm sure any researcher with a conscience during that
time was replaced, or else it would not have continued.

> Most of the time, over 100 ug of LSD would be pointless and fruitless.

For migraines, maybe. I think a higher dosage may be needed if you
wanted to say, heal from a traumatic event, and needed to open up a part
of your psyche. Optimally this should be done in a therapeutic setting
under trained professionals. Under the current system, however, people
must resort to using it under less than ideal circumstances.

> How bad can headaches be?

Less bad if the best migraine treatments were legally available, I'm sure!

Sam