POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What the hell...? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:52 EDT (-0400)
  What the hell...? (Message 41 to 50 of 71)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: What the hell...?
Date: 26 Mar 2008 21:08:34
Message: <47eb01a2$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>      I have actually. Isn't this the one where a laser cuts a line in 360
> segments around the pupil

That's possibly radial keritography or some such spelling. The LASIK I
had, they slice the front of your eye off, peel the flap back, burn away
bits of the cornea underneath, and put the flap back down.

Yes, it was potentially the most uncomfortable 90 seconds of my life.
Yes, you smell your eyeballs burning.
Yes, it's not unlike when the dentist is drilling, except it's your eyes.
Yes, it's probably the best thing I've done medically speaking.

My primary advice is two-fold:
1) It's your eyes. Don't go to the cheapest place. Go to the place where
the doctor has actually invented improvements to the process.
2) Take all the vallium they'll give you. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"