POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : IE8 and standards -- Joel on Software Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  IE8 and standards -- Joel on Software (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: IE8 and standards -- Joel on Software
Date: 19 Mar 2008 19:41:24
Message: <47e1b2b4$1@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to link to an article without even
having read it all myself. But I skimmed through it and looks like it's
a *great* one.

(REALLY long, you have been warned)

"You're about to see the mother of all flamewars on internet groups
where web developers hang out. The IE 8 team is in the process of making
a decision that lies perfectly, exactly, precisely on the fault line
smack in the middle of two different ways of looking at the world. It's
the difference between conservatives and liberals, it's the difference
between "idealists" and "realists," [...] And there's no solution. But
it will be really, really entertaining to watch, because 99% of the
participants in the flame wars are not going to understand what they're
talking about."

Post a reply to this message