POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  You know you've been tracing too long when... (Message 1 to 10 of 161)
From: Invisible
Subject: You know you've been tracing too long when...
Date: 17 Mar 2008 06:18:07
Message: <47de536f$1@news.povray.org>
...you ask POV-Ray to draw a 40 megapixel image, it renders at roughly 2
pixels per second, and you calculate how long it will take to render.

And then feel glad you're sitting down. (!)

40 megapixels = 40,000,000 pixels.
40,000,000 pixels / 2 pixels/second = 20,000,000 seconds.
20,000,000 seconds = 333,333 minutes.
333,333 minutes = 5,555 hours.
5,555 hours = 231.5 days.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> ...you ask POV-Ray to draw a 40 megapixel image, it renders at roughly 2
> pixels per second, and you calculate how long it will take to render.
>
> And then feel glad you're sitting down. (!)

...ah, but if I use the new POV-Ray beta, it'll render TWICE AS FAST!! >:-D

Ooo, isn't that the one where Warp implemented physically correct
hilights from area lights? I could use... uh... slow the render back
down to where it's at now. :-S

DANMIT!! >_<

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/