POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestions on motherboard Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestions on motherboard (Message 21 to 30 of 40)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Suggestions on motherboard
Date: 17 Mar 2008 09:32:55
Message: <47de8117@news.povray.org>
>> Isn't that wildly insecure
>
> Not when Mac address filtered and with a network key. Besides, it's a home
> network, not a corporate.

Well, OK, fair enough.

Personally, whenever I get anything that has a wireless capability, the
very first thing I do is try to find a way to permanently disable that
functionallity.

(On the other hand, I don't know how to work it properly, so...)

>> / unreliable?
>
> Never noticed so. Much better than cables running all over the place. It's
> for a flat of 3 rooms, so I don't need excessive range

My dad used to use wireless networking. But he found that he had to
constantly plug and unplug the wireless adaptor until it found a
network. Sometimes the wireless adaptor itself was reported as "not
plugged in" when in fact it was.

[The amusing thing is he bought a Belkin base station and wireless
adaptor bundle, which was quite pricey, and it really didn't work
reliably. Then he bought some cheap no-name wireless adaptor for one of
the other PCs, and that worked flawlessly. I wonder if it's because it
was in the same room?]

Well anyway, long story short: Eventually he went back to wired
networking just so it would ****ing work properly.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/