POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestions on motherboard : Re: Suggestions on motherboard Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions on motherboard
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 17 Mar 2008 13:22:24
Message: <op.t76angvr7bxctx@e6600>
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:47:11 +0100, Gail Shaw sa dot com>

<"<initialsurname"@sentech> wrote:
> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Got a wireless network card I'll be using.
>>
>> I know Asus does motherboards with built in WiFi tum-ti-tum ah here w

>> go
>>
>> http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/asus_p5b/
>
> Ooh. I'll check that one out. Depends on the price, as I already have
the
> wifi card.

The P5B line of cards is getting a bit long in the tooth. Better to pick

one of these:
http://za.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=534&l4=0&model=
1749&modelmenu=2
http://za.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=534&l4=0&model=
1646&modelmenu=2
http://za.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=572&l4=0&model=
1872&modelmenu=2

If you already have a WiFi-card though, you might be better off with a

(cheaper) non-WiFi motherboard.
This is a good choice if you intend to use several PCI cards:
http://www.gigabyte.co.za/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?Produc
tID=2748

--

FE