POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : USB Hardware riddle Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  USB Hardware riddle (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Tim Nikias
Subject: USB Hardware riddle
Date: 6 Mar 2008 08:43:13
Message: <47cff4f1$1@news.povray.org>
Hello there!

A friend of mine has bought a new Laptop and tried to plug her USB
Headset by Logitech into it. Skype and TeamSpeak don't recognize it, but
when she puts it into the "right" USB Slot (she has two slots on the
side of her laptop), it works.
Can anyone tell me why there's a difference which USB slot you pick?
I've noticed that before on my PC and my Mac. On my PC, if I used a USB
slot for my Headset or mouse I've already used, everything's dandy, if I
put it into a new one, it wanted to recognize the hardware again. On my
Mac, if I put a USB Harddrive into the wrong slot, it wouldn't find it,
in the other one, it did.
*shrugs*

Any ideas? Is there a USB Hub Priority or some such idiotic "feature"?

I'm just curious, it's not that big trouble to just check a different
USB slot, but I actually thought it was invented to just plug stuff in
and have fun...

Regards,
Tim

--