POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : USB Hardware riddle : Re: USB Hardware riddle Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: USB Hardware riddle
From: Phil Cook
Date: 6 Mar 2008 11:05:37
Message: <op.t7lqy2cwc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:43:13 -0000, Tim Nikias
<JUS### [at] gmxnetWARE> did spake, saying:

> Can anyone tell me why there's a difference which USB slot you pick?

Just to second Scott's assessment I've noticed it can depend on what host
controller is being used. I know on one of the XP computers I have the
front two sockets are on a different host then the rear four and things
plugged in the front need to be "found" again when plugged into the back
and vice-versa.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com