POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  RIP Gary Gygax (Message 111 to 120 of 230)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: RIP Gary Gygax
Date: 8 Mar 2008 19:16:53
Message: <47d32c75@news.povray.org>
> Yep, updates without you even noticing, then annoys you to death to
> reboot.

  Hardly any program nowadays requires you to reboot anymore after
installation. That was in the Windows 3.x days.

  Some do, like for example firewall programs, but that's understandable.

> With a countdown. Want to reboot now, or want me to annoy you
> again in 10 minutes?

  Wasn't there an option somewhere to stop windows autoupdate from
showing those dialogs?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote:
>> Yep, updates without you even noticing, then annoys you to death to
>> reboot.
>
>   Hardly any program nowadays requires you to reboot anymore after
> installation. That was in the Windows 3.x days.

All Windows updates do.

>> With a countdown. Want to reboot now, or want me to annoy you
>> again in 10 minutes?
>
>   Wasn't there an option somewhere to stop windows autoupdate from
> showing those dialogs?

Yes. Not letting it install automatically.

Set it to something like "download but ask me before installing". Then
whenever you're ready to reboot, you install them and reboot.

Post a reply to this message