POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Mar 2008 20:59:47
Message: <47d34493$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 19:16:53 -0500, Warp wrote:

>   Hardly any program nowadays requires you to reboot anymore after
> installation. That was in the Windows 3.x days.

You clearly haven't installed Windows recently, have you?

My stepson reinstalled his Windows XP installation a few weeks ago.  It
took 3 freakin' days to get the system built properly, because the
machine needed so many reboots for driver installations, updates applied
to the system - and he couldn't install his wireless card driver until he
plugged the machine into an Ethernet port to do the stupid "Windows
Activation" bull.

Jim