POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Mar 2008 21:05:53
Message: <47d34601$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:16:25 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 04:56:23 -0500, Warp wrote:
>>
>>>   I'm amazed how you again and again succeed in showing your ignorance
>>> about basic things all computer and other nerds know.
>>
>> Some people live very sheltered lives.
>
> ...or just aren't interested in specific aspects of the world.

There is that as well - and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Some of the folks here have struck a nerve with me by continuing to "pick
on" you.  That *normally* comes out of a need to feel superior to someone
- I grew up being the target of that kind of behaviour from my peers, and
I really won't stand for it when I see people doing it to others.

And it seems especially ridiculous to me for *adults* having the need to
feel superior by making fun of someone who hasn't had the same common
experience they have had or likes different things, or whatever.  That
smacks of serious insecurity on the part of those who are doing the
"teasing".

This constant need that some members here have to continue to put Andy
down *must* stop.  I'm not going to name names - you know who you are.
Knock it off already.

Jim