POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD solves my life Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  XKCD solves my life (Message 21 to 30 of 45)
From: Phil Cook
Subject: Re: XKCD solves my life
Date: 6 Mar 2008 04:25:39
Message: <op.t7k8h4iec3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 05 Mar 2008 20:52:23 -0000, St. <dot### [at] dotcom> did spake,
saying:

> "Kyle" <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:22:24 -0000, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>
>>>    Same here, no.  <sniff>  :o/
>
>> Wikipedia explains it pretty well here...
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punch_Buggy
>
>      Yes, thank you, but what I mean is that I don't know of it even
> though
> it may have been around since the '60's.
>
>     I've never seen it nor heard of it although I've played many games
> travelling in the UK as a kid. Is this game an American travelling game
> only?

First time I heard of it was a reference in the Simpsons. Neither of the
Bratii had heard of it, so I guess it never really took-off in Europe.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

> First time I heard of it was a reference in the Simpsons. Neither of the
> Bratii had heard of it, so I guess it never really took-off in Europe.

Maybe I missed this part... who the hell are "the Bratii"?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/