POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD solves my life : Re: XKCD solves my life Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD solves my life
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 6 Mar 2008 05:22:17
Message: <47cfc5d9@news.povray.org>

news: op.t7k8h4iec3xi7v@news.povray.org...

> First time I heard of it was a reference in the Simpsons. Neither of the
> Bratii had heard of it, so I guess it never really took-off in Europe.

I have never heard of such game in France either. One thing I've noticed
about foreign cultural references is that those related to children's games
(and generally children's cultures) are usually the hardest to figure out,
even for people familiar to the mainstream culture. It's quite easy to
figure out references about grown-up activities, but children's cultures
remain largely undocumented and quite puzzling for non-native people when
they're mentioned in popular media.

G.