POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drawings Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Drawings (Message 21 to 30 of 72)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Drawings
Date: 2 Mar 2008 04:04:28
Message: <47ca6d9c$1@news.povray.org>
Michael Raiford wrote:

> Heh, 10 minutes with the tablet, and I came up with this lame excuse of
> a character .. Hmmm, modeled after the Simpsons characters, I think.

I looked at the picture before I read your text and though I saw Fry.

http://csl.sublevel3.org/jp2a/gallery/fry.jpg (ok, that's made with
ASCII, but it's the closest look of Fry with quickGoogle)

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Mar 2008 14:06:58
Message: <47cafad2$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 21:25:41 +0200, Nekar wrote:

>> Well, I didn't think that - but that's because I know that without
>> drafting tools, I suck at drawing.  I was an engineering student in
>> college, and took a couple of drafting classes, so if I need to do an
>> orthographic view on paper, I have the equipment to draw it on paper.
>
> At drafting I always figured out the difficult parts that were supposed
> to catch you out - it the proccess sometimes making silly mistakes on
> the basic stuff...  :-P

Yep, that's very true.

>> But if I need to draw a face, forget it - I just can't manage that.
>>

> My art teacher in school forced me to do lots of faces. The result: I
> find doing faces boring, but I'm very good at it - especially getting a
> good resemblance.

I never took an art class that focused on that - the last one I did take,
I think, was in 7th grade.

Jim

Post a reply to this message