POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drawings : Re: Drawings Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drawings
From: scott
Date: 3 Mar 2008 10:59:41
Message: <47cc206d@news.povray.org>
> Damn, now I remember why I usually stick with vector graphics! (But then
> of course you have to spend countless hours playing with Beizer curves
> which never ever look quite how you want them to...)

Try scanning in your hand-drawn work and fitting the beziers over the top.

> Either way, I can't even draw *lines* as nicely as Tim does! (I wonder

> at drawing...)

What tool are you using in the GIMP? In most art programs you get some sort
of smoothed line tool that smooths out the lines you draw with the mouse.
Even in MS PowerPoint you get a freehand tool that smooths out squiggly
lines you draw with the mouse - you could use that then screenshot and
import to GIMP for further processing.