POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The chart Server Time
6 May 2024 04:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  The chart (Message 1 to 10 of 44)
From: Invisible
Subject: The chart
Date: 21 Feb 2008 09:20:51
Message: <47bd88c3@news.povray.org>
Now these points of data make a beautiful... uh... wait a sec...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Attachments:
Download 'cpu-chart1.png' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'cpu-chart1.png'
cpu-chart1.png

From: scott
Subject: Re: The chart
Date: 21 Feb 2008 09:51:22
Message: <47bd8fea$1@news.povray.org>
> Now these points of data make a beautiful... uh... wait a sec...

Dude, I'd go for that 175 quid Intel that gets 2700 passmarks or whatever
;-)  Which one is that btw?

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 21 Feb 2008 10:02:51
Message: <47bd929b$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Now these points of data make a beautiful... uh... wait a sec...
>
> Dude, I'd go for that 175 quid Intel that gets 2700 passmarks or
> whatever ;-)  Which one is that btw?

from ebuyer.com for in-stock CPUs. I just did the ones they had on their
front page. (But only the retail-boxed, no OEMs.)

And yeah - I think possibly I need to add a few more data points here
before any meaningful conclusions can be drawn.

[What I was *expecting* to see was one curve for Intel, and another one
way to the right for AMD. But that doesn't appear to be the case...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/