POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The chart : Re: The chart Server Time
19 May 2024 04:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The chart
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 21 Feb 2008 14:58:13
Message: <47bdd7d5$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

>> If I had the money, I'd probably go with Intel too. But AMD is

> Sure it's cheaper, but you could end up needing to upgrade sooner.

Well, when I think about upgrades, I think "is this faster than what I
have now?" If it's "lots" faster, it's worth it [depending on price,
obviously]. If it isn't, don't bother...

> I got a fairly nice bonus this year, so I'm buying high-end. Going for the
> Intel quad 2.66. Retails here for about R4500

Nice.

I've vaugely debating a Mac of some kind. [Which will obviously contain
some kind of Intel chip.] But who knows?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/