POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Internet censorship in Finland (Message 41 to 50 of 90)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Internet censorship in Finland
Date: 14 Feb 2008 10:16:53
Message: <0pm8r31abb5tv32a3lpca076q5rosk30fm@4ax.com>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:52:26 -0000, "Phil Cook"
<phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:

>Bloody Scotland making things complicated ;-)

Welcome to your gory bed
Chains or victory
:)

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: somebody
Date: 14 Feb 2008 10:49:41
Message: <47b46315$1@news.povray.org>

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Finnish_internet_censorship_critic_blacklisted

http://www.effi.org/julkaisut/tiedotteet/lehdistotiedote-2008-02-12-en.html

> >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7240234.stm

> How will that tie in with "plan to give every child internet access at
home"

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/jan/04/publicservices.uk

Are you suggesting that piracy is the only reason, let alone a good reason,
to have internet access?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 14 Feb 2008 11:45:21
Message: <kvr8r314kofrekqqdv6rcrhrkmpn3spddc@4ax.com>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:50:11 -0700, "somebody" <x### [at] ycom> wrote:

>Are you suggesting that piracy is the only reason, let alone a good reason,
>to have internet access?

Should I LOL?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Feb 2008 12:27:47
Message: <47b47a13$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:41:24 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 06:04:15 -0500, Warp wrote:
>
>> > So finally Finland is going down the same route as China.
>> >   Let's see how it escalates in the future.
>> >
>> > http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/
>> Finnish_internet_censorship_critic_blacklisted
>> > http://www.effi.org/julkaisut/tiedotteet/lehdistotiedote-2008-02-12-
>> en.html
>
>> Hmmm, blog much, Warp?  <scnr>
>
>   I consider this to be a concerning global phenomenon (as Finland is
> certainly not the only country which is planning on increasing
> censorship), not an event in my personal life.

Sure read like a blog entry to me.  I mean, I blog about political things
here in the US as well as personal things.

But I couldn't resist the temptation to take a jab.  All in fun, of
course. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Sure read like a blog entry to me.  I mean, I blog about political things
> here in the US as well as personal things.

> But I couldn't resist the temptation to take a jab.  All in fun, of
> course. ;)

  IMO if it's something you could expect to see in a site like slashdot
or digg, it's definitely not blog-only material...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:03:09 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> Sure read like a blog entry to me.  I mean, I blog about political
>> things here in the US as well as personal things.
>
>> But I couldn't resist the temptation to take a jab.  All in fun, of
>> course. ;)
>
>   IMO if it's something you could expect to see in a site like slashdot
> or digg, it's definitely not blog-only material...

Different strokes....

Jim

Post a reply to this message