POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: John VanSickle
Date: 14 Feb 2008 16:32:35
Message: <47b4b373@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>   The biggest problem of all: Nobody cares. The end justifies the means.
>
>>         (Welcome to the US)
>
>   I believe in the US they are much stricter about respecting people's
> constitutional rights than here. In the US the constitution is something
> officials *must* obey.

It would be more precise to say that officials must obey the form of the
Constitution that the courts believe to exist.  Our federal government
has done and continues to do many things that contradict what the US
constitution says, and often the courts (whose members have political
leanings just like everyone else), permit those violations that are in
line with their own political notions.

And before anyone jumps in with a snide comment about Bush, I should
point out that many of these violations consist of programs and policies
that Europeans in general favor.

Regards,
John