POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 14 Feb 2008 15:09:21
Message: <47b49ff1$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> I suspect that site would have been blocked anyway no matter what its
> contents were, but the fact that it contains heavy criticism of the very
> organisation that decides what gets blocked, it's no wonder it's
> blocked.

The site has been well-known for several months. It got to the blocking
list couple of days ago, after writing the possibility for this and
creating links from the URL's it had already contained.

> I mean even if the owner protests that his site shouldn't be
> blocked, the officials are likely to put his request to the bottom of
> the pile and generally do all they can to make sure it stays blocked.

He does protest - and he's clever enough to make it out loud. He writes
his letters as open ones and publishes them on the web (on unblocked
site), so basically everyone can read them.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net