POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Music selection (Message 212 to 221 of 241)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Music selection
Date: 11 Feb 2008 19:14:33
Message: <47b0e4e9$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:46:56 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> It might if you can believe the "porkies" that all politicians are born
> sprouting

True....

> Anyway I wasn't arguing (I think

<g>

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Feb 2008 19:21:31
Message: <47b0e68b$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:03:11 +0000, Phil Cook wrote:

>> True, but nobody ever said life was easy, either.  The problem is that
>> it's often difficult to distinguish between lazy/unmotivated and when
>> something's truly too difficult.
>
> True, some people think that because they've just one type of job they
> *deserve* exactly the same type of job regardless of availabilty and
> reject anything else. I may have mentioned my father who went from TV
> repairman to shop manager to refuse collector to warehouse manager.

Yep.  I always have figured that I deserve the type of job I am willing
to work for.  I'm not entitled to any kind of job.

That's one of the problems in society these days - a lot of people feel
they are entitled to things they need to be working for.

>> We've watched a bit of that discussion on PMQT (we get about 30 minutes
>> of that a week on CSPAN over here).  Of course, PMQT is entertaining in
>> and of itself as you watch people try to avoid answering direct
>> questions directly.
>
> for people read politicians :-)

Well, yeah, of course. ;-)

>> Yeah, ain't that the truth.  I need to read your blog entry, somehow it
>> didn't show up.  That's on LJ, isn't it?
>
> I did sign up for LJ to read your entries my actual blog's on
> http://flipc.blogspot.com

Ah, noted. :-)

>> Egg, that's the one.  We're generally like that as well (got one card
>> that's nearly maxxed out at over $10K, due to the need to replace our
>> boiler - but at a great interest rate; the others don't get used hardly
>> at all).  Yet they keep raising our limits; it's to the point that I'm
>> actively afraid to use the cards for fear I'll go crazy and max them
>> all out and not be able to make even the minimum payments.  Better they
>> just sit in the safe unused.
>
> They keep pestering me to borrow money. My parents find this amusing
> when I mention it, apparently back in ye olden days you pratically had
> to beg and sign your contract in blood to get a loan; now it's - "please
> borrow money off us"

Yeah; at the same time that I'm hearing about Citi dropping people's
credit limits, they've bumped mine up yet again.  They are *really* going
to be surprised when the tax refund shows up in a couple of weeks and we
pay most of it off.

>> Yep, same approach we use.  It pays to be mercenary about what banks
>> you do business with these days.
>
> It's not as if it's difficult to switch these days.

Ain't that the truth.  My mom's moving (tomorrow if everything goes
well); she's been with the same bank for some 40 years now and said she
has no plans to switch (even though the bank she was originally with got
bought by another, which got bought by yet another).  She couldn't even
remember the name of the original bank (and I can't now, though I did
when I was talking with her last week - Ah, yes, "First Bank"); I
suggested that at the least, she might pick a branch closer to her new
place, and she's going to think about it.

Jim

Post a reply to this message