POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Game opinions (Message 21 to 30 of 112)
From: St
Subject: Re: Game opinions
Date: 1 Feb 2008 15:52:45
Message: <47a3869d$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Invisible wrote:
>> Has anybody here played either Far Cry or Crysis?
>>
>> Are they any good? Would you recommend them? Do you need a small Cray to
>> play them?
>
> I tried the demo for Crysis on my few-months-old quad core 2, 3 GB RAM,
> GeForce 7350 LE...average FPS: around 1.  Maximum FPS: 4.  Can we say "if
> you want to play Crysis, get a decent graphics card"?

     So my GC is better than yours when you're on a much better system than
I have?

       I don't get it. :(

       ~Steve~

> --
> Tim Cook
> http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 1 Feb 2008 16:48:22
Message: <47a393a6$1@news.povray.org>
St. escribió:
> "Tim Cook" <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
>> Invisible wrote:
>>> Has anybody here played either Far Cry or Crysis?
>>>
>>> Are they any good? Would you recommend them? Do you need a small Cray to
>>> play them?
>> I tried the demo for Crysis on my few-months-old quad core 2, 3 GB RAM,
>> GeForce 7350 LE...average FPS: around 1.  Maximum FPS: 4.  Can we say "if
>> you want to play Crysis, get a decent graphics card"?
>
>      So my GC is better than yours when you're on a much better system than
> I have?

Who has Vista and who has XP? :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Date: 1 Feb 2008 17:08:35
Message: <47a39863@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Who has Vista and who has XP? :)

Well, I have Vista, but the graphics cards on prebuilt systems (HP
Pavilion) are usually low-end even if everything else is
top-of-the-line.  'Course, this comp. also came with a video capture
card, and that works fine...actually there aren't many things that
really need good graphics cards.  I don't use Aero, so it's even less of
an issue.