POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions : Re: Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game opinions
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Feb 2008 19:31:18
Message: <47a3b9d6$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:08:31 -0500, Tim Cook wrote:

> Well, I have Vista, but the graphics cards on prebuilt systems (HP
> Pavilion) are usually low-end even if everything else is
> top-of-the-line.

Hmmm, the Pavilion I have has a 6150LE in it; I don't know if that's high-
end or not; the system came with Vista Home on it (ugh), but I didn't try
any of the Aero effects out.  With OpenSUSE 10.3, though, I get excellent
performance out of the card for XGL effects as well as regular OpenGL
programs.

Jim