POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, who else has had this IRL? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  OK, who else has had this IRL? (Message 11 to 20 of 70)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: OK, who else has had this IRL?
Date: 31 Jan 2008 11:14:54
Message: <47a1f3fe$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:02:18 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Could-You-Explain-Programming-
Please.aspx

Not exactly like that, but I've had a few that were close to that....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 31 Jan 2008 11:30:47
Message: <47a1f7b7@news.povray.org>
FWIW, I've had something like this (but less bad).

A while ago my dad bought himself a "learn C++ in 24 hours" book. He has
a Linux machine downstairs, and every now and then he gets as far as
typing in the "hello world" program and asking me how to invoke GCC to
compile it. And how to run the resulting binary.

(Admittedly, it's Linux. You have to write "./HelloWorld" and it's
actually case sensitive...)

I'll never find it now, but there was a Daily WTF article where someone
asked for a product feature to be added and some manager said "my
sources tell me it only involves adding 1 button", as if programming is
only about putting buttons onto a screen or something. (!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/